When it comes to hiring a professional locksmiths like Romford Locks, there is always the risk of giving access to strangers whether your house, car or important information for your business. Such risks could potentially lose you resources or even lives if criminals gain access to your property through the locksmith you hired. Still, it is undeniable that the services of a professional locksmith is important to you for your security.
In order to help you avoid any blunders when using locksmith services, here are some useful tips.
- Purchase your own locks. When you need to install a new lock to your house, purchase your own locks and do not give the key to the locksmith. Just have them install the locks to your house or car without giving them a chance to duplicate the key to your lock.
- Pay in cash. Though using your credit card is convenient, it is still risky since you will be providing personal identification information such as your full name, address and credit card information. These information can be sold to third parties such as subscription companies or criminals. It is better to avoid giving these personal information if you can.
- Bring the lock to the locksmith. If you lost the key to a particular lock, it is better to bring the lock to the locksmith shop and have the locksmith create a key. Do not provide your address or the property where you will be using the lock. This way you can be sure that even if the locksmith duplicate your key, they have no idea where to use it.
- Instead of asking a locksmith to inspect your house for security reasons, better ask the locksmith for tips on how to check the house security yourself to avoid giving them any idea about the level of security in your house or any areas which burglars can use to access the house especially if you have no plans to fix these security risk areas right away.
- Never let the locksmith out of your sight. If you have a locksmith install the locks you purchased, do not leave them throughout their work to make sure that they cannot create a spare key for their own purpose.
- Do not allow locksmiths to bring the locks or keys with them for any reason. If the locksmith will inform you that they need to bring the key or lock with them for repairs, purchase a new lock instead.
Remember, it is never enough to be overly vigilant when it comes to giving access to strangers even if that stranger is a professional locksmith.